nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Does NetView read enumerated variables?

2002-08-08 11:22:34
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Does NetView read enumerated variables?
From: netview AT toddh DOT net (Todd H.)
To: D T <dtmitre AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: 08 Aug 2002 10:22:34 -0500
D T <dtmitre AT yahoo DOT com> writes:
> Thanks James.  Unfortunately I don't have access to IBM's internal
> forums.  So how does trapd.conf talk to the MIB browser.

It doesn't.   Traps are defined with the addtrap command (for which
there is a man page)  and stored in /usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf  which
is used by teh trapd daemon.

The mib browser(s) (there are 2 in 6.x, 3 different ones in 7.x!)  are
entirely separate.  They are called as separate tools by various
things in the GUI.

The only thing that attempts to tie a text MIB file to an addtrap is
the mib2trap program (For which there is also a man page).   However,
beyond that, there is no interaction.

> I am assuming that trapd.conf receives a trap and with the oid it
> receives, sends it to the MIB browser, in turn the MIB browser sends
> back the name-type, which can be displayed by using the $*,

I'm afraid it does not interact that way.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/