nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Does NetView read enumerated variables?

2002-08-08 10:19:45
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Does NetView read enumerated variables?
From: D T <dtmitre AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 07:19:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks James.  Unfortunately I don't have access to IBM's internal forums.  So how does trapd.conf talk to the MIB browser.  I am assuming that trapd.conf receives a trap and with the oid it receives, sends it to the MIB browser, in turn the MIB browser sends back the name-type, which can be displayed by using the $*, but I haven't read anything on how trapd.conf connects to the MIB browser.  Is this correct?  The solution below would work, but would not be ideal when there could be 10 or more items.  Thanks.

David Todd
Tivoli Developer
Mitre Corporation
703.883.7291