nv-l

[nv-l] What does Cisco Works Buy Me?

2002-05-15 08:51:22
Subject: [nv-l] What does Cisco Works Buy Me?
From: "Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:51:22 -0500

NetView 6.0.3 AIX 4.3.3

We are looking at what Cisco Works might be able to buy us. We are currently running tham as 2 seperate applications with no integration. We are using the NetView database to "seed" Cisco Works with a script that they provide that uses ovtopodump -o and some xnmsnmpconf -res commands to "dump" information into CW. Is the integration of CW and NetView a tight integration or does it just give enhancements to the user of the GUI? I haven't been able to find a great deal of documentation on the subject. Maybe thats all I need is a push int he right direction. One last question? What is the overhead of the CW integration? Will I notice any performance differences after the integration?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group