nv-l

[nv-l] Re: {nv-l} Backup Interface....

2002-04-08 13:20:16
Subject: [nv-l] Re: {nv-l} Backup Interface....
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 18:20:16 +0100
You're quite correct about the dormant status - sounds like you have an ISDN
interface that reports it's status slightly differently than most.  What is the
device in question??  Do you get the ISDN traps coming through on a change of
status?

Cheers,
Jane
richard_pike AT safeway.co DOT uk wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I have set the ISDN connections to ISDN backup in the seed file.
>
> Looking at one of the connection's object information it shows isISDNBackup
> as
> TRUE.  Unfortunatly a demand poll of the object shows: Interface
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(PPP/0) is Critical: Admin Status=Up OperStatus=Down.   and
> therefore no pink icon.  I believe that the OperStatus needs to be dormant
> for
> it to be used as you mentioned.
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard.

> * Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.      *
> * If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.   *
> * The information contained in this message is confidential and is         *
> * intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in *
> * error or there are any problems, please notify the originator            *
> * immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of  *
> * this message is strictly forbidden. Opinions, conclusions and other      *
> * information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by       *
> * Safeway unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative       *
> * independent of this message.                                             *

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.