nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Backup Interfaces in NV7.1

2002-04-08 09:12:43
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Backup Interfaces in NV7.1
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:12:43 +0100
Hi Richard,
I am a little intrigued that you say that the 7.1 ISDN capability is not working
for you.  I certainly have one client who has several different physical
implementations for their ISDN backup, not all PPP, and I believe they all work
fine.  Have you put the interfaces into your seedfile with the "+" syntax??

Once you have systems denoted as ISDN routers, the ISDN interface shows pink
(USER1) in normal operation and has the isISDN flag set in the NetView object
database.  It is then very simple to create a smartset based on the isISDN
attribute.  In fact you could go further and have a SmartSet based on
isISDN=TRUE and Status=Normal to show active ISDN lines.

You should also be receiving a TRAP whenever the status of the ISDN line changes
- you should be able to drive automation / email / popups based on these traps.

Kind regards,
Jane