nv-l

[nv-l] Physical IP vs Virtual IP /Clusters

2002-04-26 11:21:04
Subject: [nv-l] Physical IP vs Virtual IP /Clusters
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:21:04 -0500
Hello,

AiX 4338 Netview 602

I have a group of clusters (Microsoft Clustering Service) that I need to have discovered and monitored using the physical address and not virtual. 2 out of the 5 sets of clusters are correct, Netview discovered them under the PHYSICAL IP.

the other 3 sets I have deleted them and netmon continues to discover them with the virtual ip (first). I entered the physical ip on the seed file, did a netmon -y, deleted the nodes, ovtopofix, and waited. Netview discovered them again with the virtual ip..

How can I get netview to use/discover the physical ip first and not virtual?

Catalina