nv-l

RE: [nv-l] URGENT - trap flood

2002-04-24 10:02:33
Subject: RE: [nv-l] URGENT - trap flood
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis AT firstcitizens DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:02:33 -0400

Brian,
This is just a work-around so that you can still use your server.

Edit /etc/snmpd.conf and change this line:
trap            public          127.0.0.1       1.2.3   fe      # loopback

Change the "fe" (send all traps) to "f6" (send all but auth failures)
then refresh or restart snmpd.

E-mail me directly if you want an explanation of how the hex value works.

Don
Donald Davis
First Citizens Bank
Systems Engineer Consultant