nv-l

RE: [nv-l] URGENT - trap flood

2002-04-24 09:45:22
Subject: RE: [nv-l] URGENT - trap flood
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>
To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:45:22 -0400
! This will not solve your problem !

If you would like to supress traps for a node so you can -use- your system
while you are fixing the problem, you can update your netmon.seed with the
following line:

!MyNode1
!MyNode2
!MyNodeX

If you do not have a netmon.seed I recommend reading up on it in your
manuals.  What I do is create a netmon.seed file in /usr/OV/conf.  Then I
run Framework to configure the seed file for Netview.  There is complete
documentation on this in manuals.

Best of luck,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer