nv-l

[nv-l] Fw: netmon- and ov-Commands Authorization

2002-04-17 11:53:26
Subject: [nv-l] Fw: netmon- and ov-Commands Authorization
From: "Haseneder, Martina" <martina.haseneder AT datev DOT de>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: 17 Apr 2002 15:53:26 -0000
Allright, I can live with using the sudo for ovstop and stuff.

But it can't be right, that NetView interprets for all non-root that netmon ist
not running.
The message showes up at the GUI-start and all 3 or 5 minutes as a "Daemon
Error".
And I DO think that NetView-Users are intended to do a demand poll, which is
also not possible without a netmon.

Can anybody pursiut this behaviour?

Can anybody help?
Best regards
Martina Haseneder

-----
-------- Original-Nachricht folgt -------------

--

      Hi there,

I need to authorize a single User to execute the
/usr/OV/bin/ovstop
            ovstart
            ovwperms
 The files itself have execute for any user.
Maybe the final button is in the nvsec_admin?

The other point is, that all non-root user get the message "netmon not running"
although netmon IS running!

Thanks for helping thoughts.

Martina

--