nv-l

Re: [nv-l] netmon- and ov-Commands Authorization

2002-04-16 11:25:27
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netmon- and ov-Commands Authorization
From: netview AT toddh DOT net (Todd H.)
To: "Haseneder, Martina" <martina.haseneder AT datev DOT de>
Date: 16 Apr 2002 10:25:27 -0500
"Haseneder, Martina" <martina.haseneder AT datev DOT de> writes:
> --
>
>       Hi there,
>
> I need to authorize a single User to execute the
> /usr/OV/bin/ovstop
>             ovstart
>             ovwperms
>  The files itself have execute for any user.
> Maybe the final button is in the nvsec_admin?

I'm not an expert on this by any stretch, but I think the issue is
that the daemons these commands interact with are very selective and
only want to work with "root"

> The other point is, that all non-root user get the message "netmon
> not running" although netmon IS running!

I've seen this too when I mistakenly try things as non root.

Hopefully others on the list will respond.  I strongly suspect that
the answer will involve the program "sudo" aka "superuser do"-- a unix
utility for allowing regular users to perform specific actions as the
superuser (root).

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.