nv-l

Re: [nv-l] removed object from object database

2002-04-15 09:09:33
Subject: Re: [nv-l] removed object from object database
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:09:33 -0400
Deleting objects from the object database has no effect on whether or not
events display.

Current events are those which are held in the in-memory cache of the
daemon, nvserverd.  When you ovstop all the daemons or just him, that
cache is cleared.  So if you have just started all the daemons and you do
not see any events, it may simply be that none have been received yet.
Netmon will not send traps until after the fully initializes and finishes
his config checks.

You can check to see if everything is working by just sending a dummy
event.
        event -h dummy1
will send a Node Up event for a host with the name of "dummy1" to the
event window (assuming you are displaying Node Ups, as almost everyone
is).
If you see it, then all is fine and you just have to wait for new events
to come it.

If you are running under the control desk in ovw, you will not see any new
events in the event window until map synchronization is complete.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Maxime TRANNOY/France/Contr/IBM@IBMFR
04/15/2002 08:55 AM