nv-l

[nv-l] Verilink CSU users ?

2002-04-11 10:51:27
Subject: [nv-l] Verilink CSU users ?
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal AT erac DOT com>
To: "NV List (E-mail)" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:51:27 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I setup a ruleset to page upon DS3 failures. When certain DS3 traps are
received the ruleset runs a snmpget script like the following:

snmpget host
transmission.ds3.dsx3ConfigTable.dsx3ConfigEntry.dsx3LineStatus.10101 \
        |awk '{print $NF}'

If the value is not a "1" then I nvpage the on call technician.

This is not a part of a private MIB. According to the MIB definition if the
value is a "1", no alarms are present.
I have one DS3 CSU that never experiences a problem but returns a "2" when I
run the snmpget.

If anyone has any experience with the Verilink hdm 2182 CSU, please let me
know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.
Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car