nv-l

Re: Fwd: [nv-l] mgragentd produces defunct process

2002-03-28 20:22:32
Subject: Re: Fwd: [nv-l] mgragentd produces defunct process
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:22:32 -0500
John, it is probably time for you to contact the normal Support channels.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

                    "John Moon"

                    <johnmoon1@hot       To:     James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

                    mail.com>            cc:     nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com

                                         Subject:     Re: Fwd: [nv-l] mgragentd
produces
                    03/28/02 07:22        defunct process

                    PM

Thanks James.

I checked the default community but it hasn't changed. It is still
"public".

We use community name "pigcobra" to manage router device but I don't think
it makes problem.

There is a just one defunct process which parent process is mgragentd.

I send acl files.

Would you verify these files?

# COMPONENT_NAME: mgragentd.acl
#
# Licensed Program Product: TME 10 NetView mgragentd for Solaris
#
# (C) COPYRIGHT International Business Machines Corp. 1997
# All rights reserved
# Licensed Material - Property of IBM
#
# US Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or
#
# disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
#
#

#  Access control file for TME 10 NetView mgragentd

# The list of community names needed for read/write access
# to the entire MIB.
# If the list is empty, the only valid community name is "public"
# and its access type is read-only.

acl = {
        {
                communities = private
                access = read-write
                managers = *
        }
        {
                communities = public
                access = read-only
                managers = *
        }

}

trap = {
}

============= snmpdx.acl ===============================

# Copyright 12/11/96 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
#pragma ident  "@(#)snmpdx.acl            1.5 96/12/11 Sun Microsystems"

#
#  Configuration file of an SNMP agent
#

##################
# access control #
##################

# The list of community names needed for read/write access
# to the entire MIB.
# If the list is empty, the only valid community name is "public"
# and its access type is read-only

acl = {
        {
                communities = public, private
                access = read-write
                managers = *
        }

}

#communities = {
#public                   read-write
#          private                  read-write
#}

# The list of hosts that can send SNMP queries.
# If this list is empty, all the hosts are allowed to
# send SNMP queries.

#managers = {
#}

###################
# trap parameters #
###################

trap = {
#  {
#          trap-community = SNMP-trap
#          hosts = hubble, snowbell
#          {
#            enterprise = "sun"
#            trap-num = 0, 1, 2-5, 6-16
#          }
#          {
#            enterprise = "3Com"
#            trap-num = 4
#          }
#          {
#            enterprise = "snmp"
#            trap-num = 0, 2, 5
#          }
#  }
#  {
#          trap-community = jerry-trap
#          hosts = jerry, nanak, hubble
#          {
#            enterprise = "sun"
#            trap-num = 1, 3
#          }
#          {
#            enterprise = "snmp"
#            trap-num = 1-3
#  }
}

# The community name to be used in traps.

#trap-community = SNMP-trap

# The list of hosts where traps should be sent.

#trap-recipients =
#{
#hubble
#}