nv-l

snmp configuration question?????

2001-11-14 16:04:07
Subject: snmp configuration question?????
From: Eric Pobst <epobst00 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:04:07 -0800 (PST)
Does anyone know a way to configure an AIX snmp agent
to send traps only as a particular ip (origin).  I
suspect it is a simple entry in the snmpd.conf file,
like address 10.160.1.23 or something along those
lines.  The customer site I am at uses "Round Robin"
(i am not big fan) so bascially one event could come
in with origin1 ...open trouble ticket.....5 minutes
later, the same event comes in with origin2 (same
box)...opens new trouble ticket instead of treating as
duplicate.  To avoid TEC work, if we could bind to one
interface at the agent level, that should correct our
problem and perhaps save a lot of on going work.

thanks,

Eric
AIX 6.0.2