nv-l

Re: Controlling SNMP status polling

2001-07-12 15:00:31
Subject: Re: Controlling SNMP status polling
From: "Geoffrey Cheng/Markham/IBM" <gcheng AT ca.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:00:31 -0400
If you use seed file, it will work even if discovery is turned off.

In the environment I am currently working in, networks are separated by
firewalls, which
only allow snmp traffic. I have discovery and configuration turned off and
use loadhosts to
 add nodes in NetView. I then specify them in seedfile ($xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
and run netmon -y.
In one or two polling cycles, I can see the status polling switch to SNMP
and stay that way.

My problem is, every time when I refresh netmon (ovstop netmon, ovstart
netmon), the polling
switch back to ICMP until I run netmon -y again...not sure if it will
happen to you or not. I have
opened a PMR with support but meanwhile, if you or anyone find something
different, please
let me know. Thanks.

I am on NetView for UNIX 6.0.2 on Solaris 2.7

Best Regards,

Geoffrey Cheng
Email: gcheng AT ca.ibm DOT com

skantner AT dsscorp DOT [email protected] on 07/12/2001 09:18:01 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Sent by:  owner-nv-l AT tkg DOT com