nv-l

Re: HELP! Error retrieving mapdb field info???

2000-11-08 12:38:07
Subject: Re: HELP! Error retrieving mapdb field info???
From: "Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik AT fritolay DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:38:07 -0600
        I called support and there are only 3 solutions to this issue:

Solution Desc:  "error retrieving mapdb field info: null field value" error
is displayed when trying to start the Netview GUI. Ver. 4.x, 5.0

Solution:       CAUSE: One cause of this problem should be fixed by APAR
IX68866 and PTF U451880. The same database corruption and error message can
be caused from the "/usr/OV filesystem" running out of space.

SOLUTION: If the filesystem has run out of space:

1. NetView databases must be restored from a good backup

Or:

2. NetView databases must be regenerated

SOLUTION # 574

        I found this solution as I was talking to Tivoli, and it seems these
are the only solutions. Moral of the story "Watch your /usr/OV file system"
I guarantee that I will have TEC monitor /usr/OV now!

        Scott

        Gareth_Holl AT tivoli DOT com
        11/08/2000 11:12 AM
        Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l AT tkg DOT com>@SMTP@Exchange