nv-l

Réf. : Re: Netview installation

2000-05-02 07:35:32
Subject: Réf. : Re: Netview installation
From: alexis.henry AT bnpgroup DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:35:32 +0200
Hi Vladimir !

In fact i can't install netview with the GUI. I had installed the netview patch
for framework, and set the ressources in my poloicy region.
Hoewer somethind went wrong during the installation.

I have found (this morning) that i had to launch the installation with command
line, but the problem was to know how to make the netview server's icone in the
policy region.

The command line is:

winstall -c </path/to/cdrom> -i NVSERV50 -y
@PolicyRegion@=</path/to/policyRegion>

Thank you for your help!

Alexis Henry
Banque Nationale de Paris

Vladimir Petr <petr AT datasys DOT cz> on 02/05/2000 12:02:48

Veuillez répondre à IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>

Pour :    IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>
cc :   (ccc : Alexis Henry/DOSI/BNP)
Objet :   Re: [NV-L] Netview installation

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

L integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, les societes du
groupe BNP Paribas ne peuvent etre tenues responsables de son contenu.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, companies
of the BNP Paribas group can not therefore be considered responsible for the
contents.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it
and notify the sender.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alexis,
I am not sure whether I understood well how you installed the NetView server.
So, you should _create_ NetView server in the policy region you have chosen.
Then the
install will follow. Do not forget to set managed resources in the policy region
so that the NetView server can be placed therein while being installed. You may
look at
the Release Notes that include step-by-step instructions.
Also, if your install did not succeed, you should clear it from the box by the
cleanup script on the NetView CD and retry it.
I have never attempted to install NetView server from command line by winstall.
To modify a policy region and/or managed resources, you can use wsetpr command.

HTH,
Bets regards,
Vladimir.