nv-l

Interface Symbol

1999-12-09 08:57:55
Subject: Interface Symbol
From: howard <howard AT howard-allison DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:57:55 +0100
Hi,
We've installed 5.1.2 on AIX, and noticed something peculiar . We have a
collection defined to make it easier to locate and unmanage new
workstations. When we unmanage the pc from the collection,  the interface
doesn't seem to get unmanaged, which results in the workstation being
removed from the collection(only managed workstations in the collection),
but somewhere down the line, the ws gets shut down, and the interface goes
red, making it tough to find the reason for the propagated status change.
This never happened in the last version. Does anyone know of an APAR for
this - has anyone seen this problem?
Thanks
Howard Allison
Softcom Consulting