nv-l

Collections - Sorted List?

1999-11-22 16:48:27
Subject: Collections - Sorted List?
From: "Scaling, Bill" <bill.scaling AT EDS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:48:27 -0600
I want a sorted list of devices in a collection (or location).  The reason I
am looking at using Collections is that with nvUtil, I can do this from a
command line and automate the addition of the device to a collection, as
well as adding the server to the netview database with the loadhosts
command.  The downside is that no matter what order I use on my command line
to add the devices to the collection, they don't get displayed on the screen
in any kind of sorted order.  Does anyone know a way to accomplish this with
Collections, or by some other means whereby the devices can easily be
identified on the screen because they are grouped together in sorted order?
I don't want to have someone dedicated to manually using the Netview GUI to
move the objects around on the map.

> Bill Scaling
> EDS Southern Region Enterprise Support
> Plano Service Management Center