nv-l

Re: Problem with GUI closing down

1999-07-09 18:00:11
Subject: Re: Problem with GUI closing down
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:00:11 -0400
I thought X11R5 was the default environment for AIX 4.2.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Michael Jaedike <mjaedike AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM> on 07/09/99 01:18:59 PM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>

To:   NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU

Thank you for the assistance. I did both Jennifer's and James suggestions.
X11R5 was not on our test box. So we added it.
I was starting a GUI with the nv6000 command and now will use netview.

One last question please. The production box I'll be putting 5.1.1 on is at AIX
4.2 and won't be upgraded
for quite a while. The system administrator said X11R5 won't go on a 4.2 box and
he hasn't seen a PTF
for it.
Does this mean I'll run into this problem once again when I put it up on the
production node ?

Thanks again for the help.

Michael Jaedike
Software Analyst