FW: Password problem
I am having similar problems after installation of the Netview/NT v5.1.1
patch. Pre 5.1.1, accessing the webserver for Netview/NT was very
simple....just provide the url, and it appeared. Since installing the 5.1.1
patch, users are now faced with a sign-on screen requesting a username and
password. In addition to anonymous failing authentication, the userid and
password to access the actual desktop also fails authentication. Anybody
else with ideas?
raylon.adams AT ssa DOT gov
From: Jeanie Cham [mailto:yccham AT NCS.COM DOT SG]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 1999 2:18 AM
To: NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU
Subject: Password problem
I installed Netview 5.1 (Framework 3.6) on AIX 4.3.2. Netview is
running OK. However, I've a strange problem with the AIX passwd
function after running Netview.
I'm able to change the OS password without any hassle, but once I start
Netview, I get "error connecting to passwd database". Even if I exit
out of Netview, the problem remains, unless I restart the AIX CDE. The
problem repeats after I start Netview.
I tried changing passwords using smitty, but to no avail. Anybody
encountered such problem?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>
- Re: Password problem, Simon Long
- Password problem, Jeanie Cham
- FW: Password problem,
Adams, Raylon <=
- Re: FW: Password problem, Giuseppe Pagano
- Re: Password problem, Leslie Clark
- Re: Password problem, Oliver Bayerlein
- FW: Password problem, Adams, Raylon
- Re: FW: Password problem, SHANKS
- FW: FW: Password problem, Adams, Raylon
- Re: FW: FW: Password problem, Xu He