nv-l

Password problem

1999-06-01 02:18:21
Subject: Password problem
From: Jeanie Cham <yccham AT NCS.COM DOT SG>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:18:21 +0800
Hi all,

I installed Netview 5.1 (Framework 3.6) on AIX 4.3.2.  Netview is
running OK.  However, I've a strange problem with the AIX passwd
function after running Netview.

I'm able to change the OS password without any hassle, but once I start
Netview, I get "error connecting to passwd database".  Even if I exit
out of Netview, the problem remains, unless I restart the AIX CDE.  The
problem repeats after I start Netview.

I tried changing passwords using smitty, but to no avail.  Anybody
encountered such problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

regards,
Jeanie