nv-l

Re: Ruleset Suggestions

1999-05-12 15:35:56
Subject: Re: Ruleset Suggestions
From: Jan Green <greenjan AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 12:35:56 -0700
Dennis -

My customer only wants pages when the server only is
down. They do not want server pages when there is a
network problem. I notify another customer when there
is a network outage.

It is a ruleset developed in NetView.

> If you know the relationship of the server(s) to the
> router(s), then you
> can suppress the associated server notifications
> when it's related router
> is unavailable.

If you know of a way to do this, I would appreciate
the info.

Thanks

Jan

--- Dennis Aguilar <dennis AT SMARTS DOT COM> wrote:
> At 08:03 AM 5/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >I am running Netview 5.1.1, Framework 3.6 on AIX
> 4.3.1
> >and am trying to suppress a server notification if
> >network problem exists. Specifically, If a server
> and
> >a router trap come in, throw them both out and do
> not
> >process them through the ruleset.
>
> Wouldn't you want to throw the server notification
> out and keep the router
> trap when a network problem exists?
>

> >Does anyone have any suggestions as to what node or
> >combination of nodes might work?

 Is this a ruleset developed in