nv-l

Re: Ruleset Suggestions

1999-05-12 12:41:50
Subject: Re: Ruleset Suggestions
From: Dennis Aguilar <dennis AT SMARTS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:41:50 -0700
At 08:03 AM 5/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I am running Netview 5.1.1, Framework 3.6 on AIX 4.3.1
>and am trying to suppress a server notification if a
>network problem exists. Specifically, If a server and
>a router trap come in, throw them both out and do not
>process them through the ruleset.

Wouldn't you want to throw the server notification out and keep the router
trap when a network problem exists?

>Does anyone have any suggestions as to what node or
>combination of nodes might work?

If you know the relationship of the server(s) to the router(s), then you
can suppress the associated server notifications when it's related router
is unavailable. Is this a ruleset developed in NetView or is this a TEC
ruleset?