nv-l

Re: Y2K

1999-01-25 19:30:11
Subject: Re: Y2K
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:30:11 -0500
I am not certain I know what you are asking.

Are you asking if NetView can somehow tell you which devices in your
network are not Y2K ready or compliant?   Then the answer is :   Probably
not -- unless you can tell from the object information.  Some boxes return
their OS level in the SNMP SysDescription field and you might be able to
tell from that, but I can't see how NetView would know anything else about
the box's Y2K capability.

You would need a completely different kind of agent.
Take a look at Symantec's Norton 2000.  They do that sort of thing, and
their latest edition will be bundled with the Tivoli IT director as a
solution for small to medium businesses.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Juan Infante <jinfante AT CERVANTES.UNIMET.EDU DOT VE> on 01/25/99 08:46:26 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>