nv-l

Re: cisco traps

1998-12-18 04:32:00
Subject: Re: cisco traps
From: "Ben-Shalom, Omer" <omer.ben-shalom AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 01:32:00 -0800
Cisco tends to send events to the syslogd to the best of my knowledge rather

then as SNMP traps.
You can employ various tools such as log file adapter to transform to SNMP
if
you like.
There may be a better way , I myself just monitor the logs and send
interesting
traps to TEC.

        Omer

Hello all,
I'm having problems getting cisco traps on my nv6k.
I uploaded the cisco mibs , i also configured the trap customization, i
configured the router to send f/r,config and snmp
traps to the nv6k ( snmp host...) but still all i can see are the nv
enterprise events.
Any ideas?
Greetings ,Oren.