nv-l

Re: cisco traps

1998-12-17 10:16:37
Subject: Re: cisco traps
From: David Easter <David_Easter AT BAYNETWORKS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:16:37 -0500
Hi,

  Actually, Optivity NMS will forward any traps it isn't programmed
specifically to correlate.  It forwards these traps in raw format to the
platform.  We do correlate a couple of Cisco traps ("Protocol Entity
Reinit" and "tty TCP Conn Closed") but otherwise we pass 'em on to NetView.

Just FYI,

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network Management Division
Bay Networks/Nortel Networks - How the world shares ideas.

-=-REgarding-=-