nv-l

Mid Level Managers

1998-12-10 18:55:34
Subject: Mid Level Managers
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny AT DALLAS DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:55:34 -0800
Hello;

I have a question concerning the Mid Level Managers under NetView 5.1 on
AIX 4.1.5.

We have several Mid Level Managers.  When I go to change the collection
to add more nodes to its polling list, it seems to take forever for that
change to make it to the alias tables on the MIB.  I assume that there
is some internal process NetView is running, maybe once a day, to update
its MLM's.  Is there a way to 'kick' NetView, making it update the MLM's
right away?  Its difficult to test when you have to wait so long to get
the collection moved over to the MLM.

Art DeBuigny
debuigny AT dallas DOT net