nv-l

Re: Databases between AIX and NT

1998-10-08 10:41:13
Subject: Re: Databases between AIX and NT
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:41:13 -0400
NO.  The database structure is incompatible.  You have to stay within the
platform for that to work.   Even among UNIX varieties you cannot use the
tar method in all cases.  I believe, though I have not tested, that you
could swap Solaris and AIX, but Digital Unix is different internally.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott AT WESTGROUP DOT COM> on 10/08/98 10:21:59 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>