nv-l

Re: Databases between AIX and NT

1998-10-09 10:01:19
Subject: Re: Databases between AIX and NT
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:01:19 -0500
        One last step,  the UNIX databases are unique to each machine, so
once they
        have been restored on the target machine, you must start the daemons
and
        then run /usr/OV/service/reset_ci to replace the old machine data
with the
        new.
        Then you can bring up the GUI.

I have just executed the command "mapadmin -u [map:hostname]" command
instead of the reset_ci command without any problem.  Perhaps I should be
using reset_ci instead, but haven't experienced any problems.

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123