nv-l

Re: NETVIEW FOR NT 5.0 REV A

1998-08-18 08:53:46
Subject: Re: NETVIEW FOR NT 5.0 REV A
From: Will Mason <wmason AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:53:46 -0500
Compatibility with IIS4.0 will be with a patch that will be available
after the release of 5.1 which should be about mid-September.  This
is for the NT NetView only, not the alpha.

There is event integration with SA, but I'm not quite sure how it is done.  I
only
know the integration through TEC, but was informed that it also has a direct
interface with Service Desk.  It is my hope that someone on this list would be
able to help out there.

Will

Debbie Sparg wrote:

> Thank you Will and James for your answers. I have some comments on:
>
> 1) Compatibility with IIS 4.0   -   when will 5.1 be available for NT ?
> 4) Event integration with Software Artistry (SA)   -   I understand from the
> technical rep. here for SA that a command line interface should be possible.
> Unfortunately this customer is too small to afford T/EC. As soon as I learn
> more I shall post it on this forum.
>
> Thanks everyone
> Debbie Sparg
> (dsparg AT fgh.co DOT za)

Will Mason
NetView Product Evangelist
512-436-8144 office
800-309-6582 alpha pager
3096582 AT skytel DOT com alpha pager ( 200 chars )
wmason AT tivoli DOT com
http://www.tivoli.com

"While the inferior man seeks to put the blame on
other persons, bewailing his fate, the superior
man seeks the error within himself."

I-Ching