nv-l

Re: DISPSUB

1998-08-11 09:51:24
Subject: Re: DISPSUB
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:51:24 -0400
Ok, Mike if you say so.  The dispsub daemon process is started out of the
reg files, but my understanding was that it would be dormant until the TEC
request (it's a special trap) was received.  I have not observed any
outrageous behavior on my V5 box, so I assumed that it must have activated
from TEC.  But if the daemon is going nuts without a TEC  request, then you
could prevent the entire thing by removing the -Initial flag, as you say.
In that case, however, I'd suggest a call to Support so they can fix it.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Michael Seibold PTS/M-SW" <mseibold AT STR.DAIMLER-BENZ DOT COM> on 08/11/98
03:29:37 AM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>