Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Backups....

2014-03-24 10:42:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Backups....
From: Dennis Peacock <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 07:41:59 -0700
Well I can't do BMR setup every time I hope to recover a Windows box. We have
HUNDREDS of backup clients spanning Unix, Linux, and Windows. Maybe hundreds is
a bit of an understatement because I do know of at least 2,000 backup clients
in our world here.

To setup an infrastructure to BMR any of the Windows boxes would probably cost
us into the millions of dollars. Just not an option with as large of a locale
as we are.

I will ask the Windows engineers to see what they prefer we do. Last time we
did a DR with them, they backed up the System State to a file on the server and
we backed that up via Netbackup as part of the backup work before the DR.
(Disaster Recovery).

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.