Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media ID not UNIQUE in DataBase (34)

2013-06-13 10:40:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media ID not UNIQUE in DataBase (34)
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Simon Weaver" <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:37:15 -0400

The barcode and mediaID are entirely separate entities. Even though your barcodes are different, NetBackup automatically generates the same mediaID for both media (GJW998L4 and LXW998L4 both look like W998L4 to NetBackup). I suggest you create a mediaID generation rule for 8 character barcodes with 1:2:3:4:5:6. This will create new mediaIDs for the “LX” media, but still recognize the “GJ” media when you put it in the library.

-Jonathan