Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP/isilon throughput question

2013-05-03 10:18:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP/isilon throughput question
From: Anurag Sharma <sharma.anurag AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <danno AT umich DOT edu>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 19:48:01 +0530
Hi Dan,

I dont know if my rsponse on this is still relevent.

First of all there are 2 kinds of NDMP backup.
Local NDMP in this filer accesses the library locally via scsi or fc
Remote NDMP one filer sends the backup data to library connected to another filer

When you send the backups to library connected to nbu media server it is called 3 way (which is a form of remote) ndmp.

Now coming to performence on isilon
It will be much better almost 10times of what you are getting now as it is going to be disk bases however connection should be over 10Gbe also i would say decide whether you want backups or archive....if u just want to archive go with data domain dd 990 archiver which gives arhives with dedupe.

Anurag