Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] De-multiplexing

2013-01-30 00:40:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] De-multiplexing
From: John Collins <jhn.collins AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:40:20 -0800 (PST)
Hi-

For the past 10 years we have been running 5 backup policies in a hosting environment.  We host data for about 100 different clients.  We have 5 main policies: Exchange, File Shares, Databases, VMWare, and Windows.  We use multiplexing and multistreaming, so that we have a situation where we have accumulated thousands of backup tapes with the data of various customers multiplexed, or co-mingled together.

Some of our customers would like us to dispose of their data--and others want us to keep it.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to go about resolving this dilemma?  Can we de-multiplex the data somehow?  Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.  The verion of Netbackup has ranged from 4 to 6.5.

Thanks You-