Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup / Enterprise Vault 10 - Question / Query

2013-01-23 10:12:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup / Enterprise Vault 10 - Question / Query
From: "Simon Weaver" <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:12:36 -0000
Hi All
I am looking for some advice or assitance in regards to Enterprise Vault  Email Backups and NetBackup 7.5

Presently, I have been doing Full backups of all drive letters of the Server (Windows 2008 R2) and Diff backups during the week (Based on the Enterprise Vault details I found).

However, its been noticed that items are NOT being archived correctly. They show a "clock" icon next to the emails and if you open the email it says "This item is being archived by Enterprise Vault do not copy, move or delete this item".

However ,it has been like this for months, and the backups are being blamed :(

I downloaded the Symantec White Paper for Enterprise Vault. But before going down this road, I wanted to find out how anyone else is backing up Enterprise Vault for email.

Any input would be apprecaited.

Thanks, Simon