Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup / Enterprise Vault 10 - Question / Query

2013-01-23 11:14:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup / Enterprise Vault 10 - Question / Query
From: Robin Small <Robin.Small AT fresno DOT gov>
To: "Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:14:50 +0000

I’m doing EV 10.0.3 backups through NBU 7.5.0.4

I use the directives and the database/app agent on my EV servers.

I’m not sure if you know about the “safety copies” that exist in EV, but essentially EV won’t remove the full-content email from Exchange until it gets a full-content backup on both EV and Exchange.

With Exchange, it uses VSS. I’m not entirely sure what triggers with EV, but file-level and database backups work.

Are you using the DB/APP agent on your EV server(s)? or are you just using file-level? Also, how are you backing up your EV databases? Are they local or point to an external sql server?

~ Robin