Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ndmp drives down after netapp upgrade to 8.1.1RC1

2012-08-09 00:49:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ndmp drives down after netapp upgrade to 8.1.1RC1
From: "Iverson, Jerald" <Jerald.Iverson AT invesco DOT com>
To: Steve Quan <skq01 AT hotmail DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 04:49:39 +0000

we opened a call with netapp, and i think they are having issues with 8.1.1 and certain drives.  we did turn up logging, and see an ndmp connection connect, but then we get the message back from netbackup stating drive does not match, (sorry i don't have the exact message in front of me).  someone did reply that they have lto4 working with 8.1, so i connected an lto4 drive but we still see the same issue.  netapp is still looking into it, so we are doing 3-way backups tonight.

thanks,

jerald