Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SUN TRUNKING SW WITH NETBACKUP

2011-04-26 18:19:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SUN TRUNKING SW WITH NETBACKUP
From: Nicholas Anderson <nicholas.sunps AT gmail DOT com>
To: David Magda <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:19:18 -0300
You need to check your hardware to know  which one (trunking or aggr) will be able to use.
I remember that CE interfaces (ce0, ce1, ...) uses sun trunking, while GE interfaces (nxge. e1000g, ge, bge) uses aggregation.

2011/4/21 David Magda <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
On Thu, April 21, 2011 13:18, Asiye Yigit wrote:
> Hello;
>
> Yes. After some research, I found the link aggregation on new HWs on
> solaris.
>
> So, I think we use link aggregation.
>
> Do you know any issue with netbackup while using link aggregation?

You may want to make sure that the load spreading algorithm uses at least
Layer 4 (TCP and UDP port numbers). If you stick with only L2 (MAC) or L3
(IP), then the connections probably won't be well-distributed over the
various NICs.

This has to be done in both the switch and server configuration. See
dladm(1M) for details.