Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SUN TRUNKING SW WITH NETBACKUP

2011-04-21 15:49:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SUN TRUNKING SW WITH NETBACKUP
From: "David Magda" <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
To: "Asiye Yigit" <asiye.yigit AT gantek DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:49:36 -0400
On Thu, April 21, 2011 13:18, Asiye Yigit wrote:
> Hello;
>
> Yes. After some research, I found the link aggregation on new HWs on
> solaris.
>
> So, I think we use link aggregation.
>
> Do you know any issue with netbackup while using link aggregation?

You may want to make sure that the load spreading algorithm uses at least
Layer 4 (TCP and UDP port numbers). If you stick with only L2 (MAC) or L3
(IP), then the connections probably won't be well-distributed over the
various NICs.

This has to be done in both the switch and server configuration. See
dladm(1M) for details.