Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP job backing up more data than exists??

2011-04-13 17:55:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP job backing up more data than exists??
From: "Tschida, Tom (STP)" <tom.tschida AT bsci DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:54:55 -0500
 Hello all,

We have a large NetApp volume (14TB) that we are trying to backup through NDMP.
 The job is still running after 71 hours and it is reporting 25TB currently
written.  This volume is being deduped with NetApps block-level dedupe, so
maybe I'm not understanding the true size of the volume.

A df -s shows the following:

Filesystem                used      saved       %saved
/vol/vol0/            26711116          0           0%
/vol/ARX_Quorum/          2620          0           0%
/vol/vol1/          9714035096 4359604200          31%

I've verified we are excluding all .snapshot folders.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom Tschida
Boston Scientific