Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VCB backup troubleshooting

2011-02-07 11:40:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VCB backup troubleshooting
From: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 16:40:34 +0000
Hey All,

Hopefully someone can answer this one nice and quickly for me...

With VCB troubleshooting, I'm used to looking in the bpfis logs for the
contents of the VCB logging file (written in with a prefix of
"onlfi_freeze_fim_fs" after the Netbackup specific log entries).
I've just jumped onto one of our boxes that's having issues with its VCB jobs,
and the entries I'm expecting aren't in the bpfis log?

Anyone know why they wouldn't be showing up? Is there a minimum system log
level, or has something changed in VCB or NB version changes (I'm looking at
VCB1.5U2 and NB 6.5.5)... I don't think I've looked at an environment with
versions this high in the past, wondering if something has broken the cross
logging...

Cheers,
Nic

The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments is confidential.
It is intended only for the named address(es) and may not be disclosed to
anyone else without Attenda's consent.