Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Up-conversion / bpduplicate question.

2011-01-06 11:21:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Up-conversion / bpduplicate question.
From: Jim VandeVegt <Jim.Vandevegt AT physiciansmutual DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:17:24 -0600
I just completed about a six-month project of LTO2->LTO5 conversion. I did all
the duplications off image-lists.

I used VolSer scans (bpimmedia) to strategically pick blocks of images to do at
a time. I had a collection of scripts to process the resultant image list and
determine what tapes would be needed on the source and whether they were in the
(same) library or not.
------------------
Jim VandeVegt | Technical Integrator, ETG
Physicians Mutual | 2600 Dodge Street | Omaha, NE 68131
402.930.2649 | PhysiciansMutual.com | Jim.VandeVegt AT PhysiciansMutual DOT com

Insurance for all of us.™
health | life | retirement
Hi,

Yes I realize that, thanks =)
I'm just curious which people duplicate by tape ID or image, even though
the tape ID does look at the images..

Justin.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Patrick wrote:

> NetBackup only duplicates based on image, even if you specify a media id, it
> looks at the images on them and duplicates them. That is why multiple tapes
> could be involved.

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged
information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for
delivery to the named recipient, you are notified that any review,
distribution, dissemination or copying is prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return
email and delete the message from your computer system.