Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New netbackup master server spec

2010-11-25 11:50:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New netbackup master server spec
From: xgtdec <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:45:40 -0500
Hi All

We have been tasked with putting together a spec for a new NBU master server
and i just want to get some advice on RAM etc, at the momet we are using a
mixed setup with one windows and one unix master both on 6.5.5, we are going to
be moving to a single master server with possibly 4-6 media servers backing up
to VTL dxi's, weekly backups are hitting 100TB with daily cumulative during the
week, if we are using server 2008 R2 would someone be able to advise levels of
processor and ram required for good performance, any questions at all please do
ask and i will do my best to answer....many thanks