My netbackup 6.5 suddenly stop operating with error 196.
Last full weekend backup all failed.
When I checked it today, these the detail problem :
1. Often come up error: intermittent connectivity lost with the server. Verify services or Daemons are up.
2. 2 service daemons down, which are: nbevtmgr and bmrd
3. When I tried to manually backup the policies, the job doesn’t show up in the activity monitor.
4. Perform Catalog backup --? ok
5. I tried to reconfigure storage devices à successfull
6. I’ve tried to restart the services (/etc/init.d/netbackup stop and then start), and even I restart the robotic and the server, but those problem still persists.
7. When doing click “storage units”, à error "cannot connect on Socket status code : 25”
8. When I tried to start up nbevtmgr, at log system à ep 27 16:30:29 TENVRS kernel: nbevtmgr: segfault at 0000000000000000 rip 00000000f5bebce8 rsp 00000000f5e886b0 error 4
Previous Week condition
1. Netbackup stop operating caused by Disk full problem had happened with 100% full at netbackup /usr/openv
2. I’ve manage to remove some log file and get to 93%
3. Found error “EMM database error 196” and the database cannot be started
4. After I look at /usr/openv/var/global/databases.conf à the size 0.
5. I put "/usr/openv/db/data/NBDB.db" -n NBDB at /usr/openv/var/global/databases.conf Base on http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/304337
6. The backup is back to normal but still there is error “intermittent connectivity lost with the server. Verify services or Daemons are up”
Dear Guru, please help me to out of this misery.
Any clue will be much appreciated
Veritas-bu maillist - Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu