Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] intermittent connectivity lost with the server

2010-09-27 11:09:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] intermittent connectivity lost with the server
From: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:59:32 +0100

When you did stop & start, did you confirm all NB processes had ended correctly? (bpps –a)

I have experienced something very similar on a Windows Media/Master server last week.

Use bprdreq –alive to check if resource processing is working.  I’m guessing it isn’t.  In which case you will probably find you have an orphaned nbdb (bpdbm, i think its called) process. Cant remember the exact process that was linked to the DB.

-Terminate that outstanding process(es) (kill -9 etc, whatever works)

-Have your catalogue backup standing by

-Cross your fingers and start NetBackup up

-Dont let the disk system that hosts your NetBackup databases get full ever again.