Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question about flashbackup

2010-07-20 08:47:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question about flashbackup
From: Nathan Kippen <nate.kippen AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 06:46:07 -0600
Just to make sure I understand the process,

During a flashbackup, when a block is updated in the parition that is being backed up, the previous contents of the block are written to the cache partition.  So the old data is copied to the cache, while any updated blocks are written to the partition that is being backed up?

if this is the scenario, than I'm not too worried about cache filling up, seems like worst case scenario is the backup would fail.

Can somebody validate that if the cache partition fills up, I'm not at risk of data loss, just a failed backup?

Thanks,

Nate