Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How's 6.5.6?

2010-06-07 23:43:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How's 6.5.6?
From: Jim VandeVegt <Jim.Vandevegt AT physiciansmutual DOT com>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 22:22:54 -0500
Operationally very good.

The Java console is slightly broken. The screen does not redraw correctly when
dragging a slider - get a lot of smudged text. I've seen it a lot on Linux and
some on Windows. Work around is to click above or below the scroll bar to make
the screen 'jump' then it redraws correctly.
------------------
Jim VandeVegt

After months of working an issue with Symantec, they're recommending that
I upgrade from my current 6.5.4 to 6.5.6. Frankly, when we upgraded to
6.5.2, 6.5.3, and 6.5.4 to resolve an issue, we've been bit with something
else that didn't work quite right, so we're more than a little gun-shy.

I'm being told by Symantec that 6.5.6 is a Good Thing and is focused
mainly on fixes, but what's been y'all's experiences with it?

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

I bought some powdered water but I don't know what to add!

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged
information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for
delivery to the named recipient, you are notified that any review,
distribution, dissemination or copying is prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return
email and delete the message from your computer system.