Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and Windows 2008?

2010-03-21 17:24:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and Windows 2008?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: Kris Kirby <kris AT catonic DOT us>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:24:00 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Looks like there is a technote on it:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/338003.htm

Introduction:
When multistreaming is enabled (Allow multiple data streams is selected) on
policies using the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive which contain Windows 2008
clients, the Shadow Copy Components:\ directive will be skipped on those
clients due to a defect in bpmount.  There is no indication in the Activity
Monitor that this is taking place other than an absence of a stream for Shadow
Copy Components:\ for Windows 2008 clients.

What is Affected:
All Windows 2008 clients are affected by this issue.  Client support for
Windows 2008 began in the NetBackup 6.5.2 release update.  Other Windows
clients are not affected by this issue.

This issue is only seen when the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is used as the Backup
Selection.

NetBackup 7.0 is not affected by this issue.

Justin.